Sunday, December 12, 2010

Mystery 4

Can you solve the following mystery?

Every year, there is a truck race. The winner gets a brand new motorcycle.

One year, Hopoohga joined. She had brought a hot pink truck. "I was finally allowed to join. I was so exited that I kept looking at the clock. And, I looked so often! The first time I looked the clock showed 3:50, the second, 4:00, and now finally it's 4:10. "When she comes, trouble comes, and a robbery comes." Voproga whisped as Hopoohga walked away.

Sure enough, her truck was gone when she came back from signing autographs! But they had a clue. Someone saw a teenager with the words Jaguars on the back. "Oh! The Jaguars club!" Hopoohga cried. "They are Hoor, Vaca, Buar, and Sicla! Let's go to them. Maybe one of their alibis have a slip!"

So, they went.Buar said, "I was looking at a map. We're going on a trip to Austrailia next week." Hoor said, "I was at the barn. The cows needed milking. Every day, I always milk the cows at an exact time-3:30. Sicla said, "I was studying the stars. It's my homework." Vaca said, "I was playing on my wii. I'm allowed to play for 1 hour.

"Looks like all of their alibis are solid." Voproga said sadly. "No. One Jaguar made a slip." Hopoohga said smiling.


 Who was it, and what was his/her slip?

23 comments:

  1. what do does the time mean?? and also sicla said she was looking at the stars, it is daytime, unless the race was in the a.m. time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does 'studying' always mean 'looking at'?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Studying doesn't mean looking at. It means gaining information about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking along the line of animals, I recall reading about boys getting up before sunlight to milk the cow; during the day the cows graze in the pasture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buar said, "I was looking at a map. We're going on a trip to Austrailia next week." because the truck was stolen to go to australia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still think milking cow in the afternoon is wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's A.M. time, Buar had a light, the kids have a secret race while the parents are asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sicla said, "I was studying the stars. It's my homework." Vaca said, "I was playing on my wii. I'm allowed to play for 1 hour. who plays the wii early in the morning?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree.

    No cubs would be allowed to play wii for an hour in early morning. If it happened in the afternoon, then "milking the cow" is wrong.

    One way or another, there is a slip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vaca wanted to be in race, but he can't. Though, he can see the race from his second-floor window. So, he decides to set his wii sport to running, and watch the race, imagining that he is racing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Buar said, "I was looking at a map. We're going on a trip to Austrailia next week." because the truck was stolen to go to australia

    ReplyDelete
  12. "I was at the barn. The cows needed milking. Every day, I always milk the cows at an exact time-3:30 the truck was stolen to go to the cows

    ReplyDelete
  13. Um-could you stop trying to get the reason? The answer isn't a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Um-Good try, but the answer isn't a reason. So it's not: The truck was stolen to___.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is it because of cow milking at 3:30 ? Hoor may not have a good alibi but it doesn't appear to be slip. After all, Voproga says all alibis are solid. I am yet to see how time has anything to do with it. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Part of the slip is that the cow milking is at 3:30. The other part is somewhere else in the mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So the cow milking is at 3:30, which is before Hopoohga first looked at the clock at 3:50 and before Hopoohga last looked at the clock at 4:10. He was supposed to claim his innocence by pretending to be at the barn at the time. But he got the time wrong, way too early. That is the slip.

    ReplyDelete